Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 Complete Overview
- Published on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Visit here for demos: https://neosoulkeys.com/
Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 is the next evolution in electric piano sounds and effects from Gospel Musicians, which features a complete architecture overhaul using our Pure Synth® structure and licensed VKFX effects. Our goal with version 2 was to make an all encompassing electric piano and effects library that will complete all of your electric piano sound and digital effects needs. Don’t think of Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 as just a sample library only. Is is actually a complete EP Library and effects plugin featuring not only Overloud’s VKFX library and factory presets, but 17 brand new effects that seamless integrates together with complete effects preset recall from within the library and plugin.
General Library Stats
• Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 Library - Comes as Standalone/VST/AU/AAX
• iFX Rack (VKFX Effects Library) - Comes as VST/AU/AAX
• Available IAP for the rest of the 17 effects (non VKFX)
• 50 GB (15GB Lossless Compression) Library
• 146 Total Sounds
• 37 Full Electric Piano Sounds
• 27 Total Effects (20 more than version 1)
• 94 Effects Presets
• 130 Electric Piano Presets
iOS Specific Features
• Resizable/Scrollable interface in AUv3
• Ability to download specific instruments to save space
• Ability to stream samples and sounds from external drive
8 New Electric Pianos
Our goal this time around was to represent the cleaner side of the electric piano spectrum. We know all previous versions represented the dirty side, so that is still there as well. We wanted to find rare units that represented different nuances in sound, with the goal of extreme playability as the utmost importance. This is why many of our high end piano sounds have up to 1,000 samples, representing up to 30 velocity levels. So now you have both clean and dirty sounds in one library.
We are also representing Spectral Isolation mechanical effects. By using spectral synthesis, we were able to isolate things such as tines, dirt, and other mechanical noises from the actual pianos. This way you can add as much mechanical noises and, especially, tines as you wish.
• Nu Suitcase - A perfectly tuned and manicured suitcase that represents the clean and beautiful side, with beautiful bell tine noises in the low velocities. This EP was sampled from the DI, suitcase speakers, and mic’d ambient harp and comes in a DI and fully concatenated stereo version with all of the tonal goodness from each source.
• Suitcase 88 - This is another clean suitcase with a very unique and interesting tine attack. This is great for tine lovers.
• Nu Mark I Stage - This is a very clean and dark sounding Stage EP. The uniqueness in this piano lies in the incredibly deep and rich lows with a ton of bark and expression.
• Dilluh Stage - Sampled from JFILT from Very Sick Beats who one of the top Neo-Soul Hip-Hop producers on YouTube. This EP is perfect for Hip-Hop Jazz, Neo-Soul, and that J-Dilla, Roots, Slum vibe. It is clean with quarks, which makes it ideal for that dirty stuff.
• Nu Mark V - We updated our Mark V with a super clean and chocolate sound. The expression is amazing and barks tremendously.
• Mark III Tines - This is for tine lovers who absolutely love the sound of tines, which is reminiscent of a Mark III sound.
• Nu Wurly - This is a perfectly manicured, maintained, and serviced Wurly piano that can fit with any type of genre.
• D’Ang CP70 - There would be no soul, without the sound of recording artist D’Angelo, who often performs live on a Yamaha CP70 Electric Grand. A CP70 sample library is a rare find and could easily cost half the price of this library alone, so we sampled a well manicured and serviced version, which sounds amazing. The sources sampled were the DI, AMP, and an XY Mic for the ambient tone. The result is a beautifully sampled version that will give you that classic D’Angelo live sound.
New Sound Control Features
• Mega Detune - Ability to slightly detune each key group, which immediately makes each sound warmer, and phatter and more realistic sounding
• Quick Mute and Solo for each sound for easy mixing
• New Sound selection that allows you to quickly scroll through sounds, search, and mark sounds as favorites
• Auto-Preset Sound Select - When a sound is selected, an optimal programming parameter is chosen, so you don’t have to do programming each time.
• Ability to load any sound to any slot
• Ability to load the same sound twice for amazing stacking and detuning
• Global microtuning, transpose, octave, and velocity curve for heavy hands.
• Random playmode option to random play the sounds for more realism
• Autosave function to never loose changes on a preset
• Range and Velocity zones with crossfading
• Velocity amount control with different volume curves.
- Source: https://youtu.be/jIhmcOXU5uw